[Tweeters] Rotenone use at Blue Lake

Joseph V Higbee jvhigbee at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 12 08:01:32 PST 2006

Thanks to Kelly McAllister for the definitive information on the use of
rotenone at the Potholes. I was there briefly on the afternoon they were
putting it into the water at Blue Lake. It was disturbing to see as the wind
had come up and the fish were quickly washing up along the shoreline. The
application seemed to be directly into the water so there was no drift or
anything like that but I did have some concern for the grebes that were
diving and feeding in the area. I know very little about fish ID but the
person with me indicated they were mostly perch.
I'm not sure how I feel about such use of such poisons, but it seems it is
being given more careful consideration than in times past, for which I'm
grateful.

Joseph Higbee
Spanaway, WA
Mailto: jvhigbee at hotmail.com