[Tweeters] Puyallup Geese. Cacklers?

Michael Brown borealis at seanet.com
Sun Nov 12 14:58:07 PST 2006

There is a large flock of geese in a farm field near Puyallup. Most are
small and dark-breasted. There are a few large, light-breasted birds mixed
in. The small ones vary quite a bit: some with white neck collars, some not;
some look grey-breasted, some almost chestnut. I was unable to spot any that
looked "puffy-headed", at least to my eye. Are these Cackling Geese? I
posted some photos at:

There are three photos, so scroll down to see them all.

Michael Brown
Puyallup, Washington

"to announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we
to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."

-Teddy Roosevelt

"...I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of
what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"

-Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac