[Tweeters] Spokane Bird Alert Nov 14, 2006

craigco 2cbird at hughes.net
Tue Nov 14 18:34:16 PST 2006

The following interesting birds have been reported in Spokane County during
the past ten days.

1 new year bird was seen being EURASIAN COLLARED-DOVE bringing our group
year list to 246. Check out the progress at http://www.spokaneaudubon.org

On Nov 8, a flock of 7 EURASIAN COLLARED-DOVES was found in Fairfield near
the grain elevators. I could not find them today, although they should
still be around (unless they tried to fly in yesterday's 60 mph wind). This
is the first confirmed record for the county.

Fairly rare for the county, one or two HERRING GULLS have been seen at
Willow Lake (just north of Granite Lake) and at Liberty Lake.

A very late SAY'S PHOEBE was near Spangle Nov 8.

A DUNLIN and 2 LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS were still at Philleo Lake Nov 8.

At least 15 WESTERN BLUEBIRDS were near Philleo Lake Nov 14.

Over 200 TUNDRA SWANS were still at Philleo Lake Nov 14.

On Nov 12, 30 GRAY-CROWNED ROSY-FINCHES were along Hwy 2 near the county
line. On Nov 14, 8 Rosy-Finches were along the Cheney/ Plaza Road near Babb

On Nov 6, a GYRFALCON was legally captured on Spokane's Beacon Hill by a

On Nov 9 there were 3 BONAPARTE'S GULLS and 2 TRUMPETER SWANS at Turnbull

There appears to be normal numbers of ROUGH-LEGGED HAWKS & NORTHERN SHRIKES.

A Nov 11 trip to Mt Spokane was birdless.

Good Birding,
mailto:2cbird at hughes.net