[Tweeters] Birding in the Minot ND Area

Mary K. cellobird at comcast.net
Tue Nov 14 20:53:22 PST 2006

I've registered for the ABA "Sparrows" field ornithology workshop taking
place in/near Minot ND in late June 2007.*  Would appreciate any info/tips
re the area from those who've been there.  Am also planning to put together
for myself a compilation of the area's birdsongs in order to do a little
tune-up before the trip.  Any advice as to whether Peterson or Stokes would
be the better set to use?  Is this an exercise in futility in that there are
too many regional dialects to be able to rely on a "one size fits all"
compilation??  I've got a Minnesota birdsong CD, do you s'pose those birds'd
sound closer to the ND birds than Peterson/Stokes/etc.??

	*http://www.americanbirding.org/ifo/workshops/2007sparrows.html

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary E. Klein