[Tweeters] Varied Thrushes in my yard

Josh Hayes josh at blarg.net
Tue Nov 28 14:55:13 PST 2006

I always know when it's gotten really cold in the mountains, because my
smack-in-Seattle back yard often acquires a little flock of Varied Thrushes.
At one point this morning I looked out and counted five of them, along with
a flock of bushtits, some chickadees, bunches of juncos, a flicker, a
Bewick's wren, a pair of nuthatches, and one lonely pine siskin. (There were
probably others around, but I only saw one.)

A lovely morning of lazy back-window birding!

-Josh Hayes, josh at blarg.net