[Tweeters] A gull that bit off more than he could chew...errr...swallow

Kevin Mack kmack at paws.org
Tue Oct 3 17:23:54 PDT 2006

Hi Tweets,

I'm sure we've all seen birds swallowing prey that seemed far too large for them to actually swallow. Whenever I see a gull trying to choke down a sea star, I always wonder how they keep from choking. Well...apparently they don't always keep from choking. On Sunday I discovered the carcass of an immature gull at Ebey's Landing on Whidbey Island. A very large fish was lodged securily in his throat. For photos visit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/96123763@N00/

Anyone else ever come across something similar?

Kevin Mack
Edmonds, WA