[Tweeters] King County Jays (was S. King County Scrub Jays)

Rob Conway robin_birder at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 7 16:24:16 PDT 2006

In the May Valley / Newcastle area (Cougar Mountain) I'm seeing Scrub Jays
on a regular basis.  A real twist is that I'm also seeing Gray Jays both
along the ridges and right in May Valley almost weekly.  Stellar's are still
the predominant Jay species - but the mix is very bizarre.  A bird primarily
extending its range north, a bird primarily from higher mountain habitats,
and our normal good friends.  I had all three Jays eating peanuts from my
fence rail last week - within an hour of each other.  Now all I need is a
Blue Jay to show up!

Good Birding

Rob Conway
Newcastle and Preston, WA