[Tweeters] some Edmonds sightings

Mark Vernon ma_vern at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 14:53:14 PDT 2006

Today at Edmonds I got to watch two Parasitic Jagers chase after Common Terns, Mew Gulls and Bonaparte's Gulls, just north of the Ferry Terminal. There were rafts of Surf Scoters in the same area, a bird I think is fabulous. There was a single Harlequin Duck just of the dog beach. Along the north shore was a small bird bobbing along that I think was a Pipit. It was kind of chunky, and resembled the pale individual in the Sibley book. It had the white side tail feathers, but in general it looked kind of funny. It was near some Savannah Sparrows.

Mark Vernon
Renton, WA
mailto ma_vern at yahoo.com