[Tweeters] Accipiter in Bellevue - ?diagnosis

Rolan Nelson rnbuffle at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 14:00:44 PDT 2006

Allright, I'll play. I get these wrong about half the time, it seems, but I'm going with Goshawk because of the speckling on the back and the uneven tailband. OK hawk experts, bring it on!

Francis Wood <fbwood at u.washington.edu> wrote:
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } Hello Tweeters,
On October 2 my colleague, Howie Wilson, in east Bellevue (NE 6th St.) got the attached photos of an immature accipiter in his yard. He thought from the size it might be a Northern Goshawk. Was it really a Cooper’s? Check the following:
Reply to Tweeters and to me so all can see your vote.
Many thanks,
Fran Wood (male)
fbwood at u.washington.edu

Checked by AVG Free Edition.