[Tweeters] tail-less black-capped chickadee

Kevin Mack kmack at paws.org
Thu Oct 19 13:49:39 PDT 2006

We receive quite a few birds here at PAWS that are missing their
rectrices. They are usually cat attack victims or animals that have
been hit by cars. As long as the feather follicles have not been
damaged, they usually grow their tail back nicely.

Kevin Mack
Naturalist, PAWS Wildlife Center
Lynnwood, WA