[Tweeters] (no subject)

Scrubjay323 at aol.com Scrubjay323 at aol.com
Fri Oct 20 08:16:47 PDT 2006

The Washington BirdBox is a voice mailbox sponsored by the Washington
Ornithological Society. To leave a report about a notable sighting or to
to the most recent reports from other birders, call (206) 281-9172 and follow
the prompts.

Rachel Lawson is the system administrator. She can be reached at
_rachelwl at msn.com_ (mailto:rachelwl at msn.com) .

Please contact me (Phil Kelley) by phone or email if you have any questions,
comments, or corrections about this transcription.

Wednesday, October 18, 9:45 PM. Hi, this is Tom Aversa. There was an adult
LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL at Lake Lenore in Grant County today. Thanks.

Thursday, October 19, 10:10 PM. This is Rachael Lawson, BirdBox system
administrator, with some recent reports from Tweeters. Today, Gene and Nancy
Hunn found a LAPLAND LONGSPUR in Seattle at the Montlake Fill. The bird was
just east of the trail heading south from Kiacom (sp?) Road not far from
lodge E 5.
On Wednesday Art Wang reported that the BAR-TAILED GODWIT is still present
in Westport. He found it with a large group of MARBLED GODWITS on the rocks
behind the Coast Guard facility off float 21. Also on Wednesday, Dee
reported a RUFF at Bottle Beach. On Tuesday, Howard Armstrong reported a
BLUE JAY on Guemes Island, at 7141 Guemes Island Road. The homeowners name
is Judith Horton, and she is happy to have birders visit. Her number is
That's it. Good birding.

BirdBox last accessed October 20, 8:54 AM.

Phil Kelley
Lacey, WA
scrubjay323 at aol.com

" We were few and they were many. Now we are many and they are few"