[Tweeters] Tailless chickadee grows tail!

vogelfreund at comcast.net vogelfreund at comcast.net
Thu Oct 26 19:01:32 PDT 2006

I didn't read all the various messages relating to the tailess Chickadee, but I just want to say something about regrowing feathers.

If I recall my readings corectly (I used to have a Peach-faced Lovebird in Arizona), when feathers are pulled out by the roots, they regrow right away; but when they are clipped, etc., then you have to wait for the next molt for feathers to regrow. That could be a clew as to what happened to this individual.

Phil Hotlen
Bellingham, WA
From: Wendy John <wendy.john at comcast.net>