[Tweeters] White-tailed Ptarmigan Table Mt.

Howard Armstrong godwits at wavecable.com
Fri Sep 1 08:05:07 PDT 2006

Tweeters,

Yesterday I led 6 people from Skagit Audubon to Table Mt. in Whatcom Co. to see Ptarmigan. We walked to the end of the trail including much wandering all over the top without success. At the end I ran into Bob Sundstom with a group from Mercer Island. They had had no success yet either. We walked back a short way and broke for lunch in a place giving good views all around. While eating I heard Ptarmigan calling. I started walking toward the calls and saw Bob coming too. Soon we found a family of 7--an adult Female and 6 young. Beautiful views of the birds as well as Mts Baker and Shukson.

Howard Armstrong
Samish Island
mailto:godwits at wavecable.com