[Tweeters] Westport Ruff & BB TV

pslott VariedThrush at comcast.net
Sun Sep 10 21:53:29 PDT 2006

Tweeters,

Today at around 3 PM, I spotted a juvenile Ruff with a group of Black
Turnstones on the beach of the little bay just north of the Westport
jetty parking area.  Alan & I watched the bird for an hour before a
couple walked by with their black Labrador at high tide.  The birds had
lost the beach to the water anyway, so they flew north and settled on
the other side of the bay at the foot of the jetty.  Western Sandpipers
already resting on the rocks there were disturbed by the dog.  I got
some pictures of the Ruff which I'd be happy to send to anyone.  I don't
have my own website.

At Bottle Beach we had a Turkey Vulture, among other birds, including a
juvenile Peregrine.

It was a beautiful and relaxing day.

Patricia S. Lott
Seattle, WA