[Tweeters] Potlatch State Park this morning (Mason Co.)

Tim O'Brien kertim7179 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 19:13:07 PDT 2006

This morning I drove out to Potlatch State Park to bolster my Mason county list.  I did pick up several county birds, but nothing special or rare to report.  There were many (20+) Red-necked Grebes about with a few Common Loons.  Also, I noted one non-breeding plumaged Pigeon Guillemot which had me reaching for my Sibley's since I haven't seen many in this plumage.  Up a little further on 101 at Saltwater Park, there were 3 Harlequin Ducks.  On the way back towards Shelton, a lone Turkey Vulture flew over the highway at the Skokomish River bridge.

  Tim O'Brien
  Elma, WA
  mailto: kertim7179 at yahoo.com