[Tweeters] Montlake Fill--American Pipits

Kathy Andrich chukarbird at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 13:59:33 PDT 2006

Hi Tweeters,

Just got back from my lunchtime constitutional where I
took a detour through the fill.  The pipits are back,
in force.  I kept trying to get a handle on how many
and I don't know how many...I kept seeing more.  Fifty
plus is a good place to start.  They were mostly in
the field between the main pond and Union Bay and at
the end of the main pond where the big dead tree is.

Other goodies were a Blue-winged Teal in the main pond
and a couple of Least Sandpipers, also on the main
pond.

Directions and maps see:
http://www.waders.org/locations/washington/montlake/

Kathy