[Tweeters] Ridgefield NWR Ruff & Sharp-tailed Sandpiper

Michael Fleming michaellf at myway.com
Sat Sep 16 19:07:24 PDT 2006

This morning I decided to make the drive down to the Ridgefield NWR - River "S" Unit, after hearing about the good birding there lately. The weather this morning was great, partly cloudy and calm; and the birding was also great, in fact I drove around the unit a couple of times. Highlights of the trip were:

RUFF - a male and female, seen from the blind and also along the south side of Rest Lake.

SHARP-TAILED SANDPIPER - seen from the road along the SW side of Rest Lake

Pectoral Sandpiper - A few birds in the area

White-breasted Nuthatch

American Kestrel

Cheers and Good Birding,

Michael Fleming