[Tweeters] Need help buying my first scope, and hello carenp

Gene Bullock bullockg at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 23 10:37:04 PDT 2006

Scopes: The angle eyepiece is less intuitive as far as zeroing in quickly
on a target and is more exposed to rain. The main reason for choosing an
angle eyepiece is that people of varying heights can use the same scope
without adjusting it up or down. The straight-through eyepiece is probably
better if you don't plan to share views. However, with the angle eyepiece,
I can share views with my wife and others in the group without adjustment.
Also, the angle eyepiece is better for viewing something up high because
you're looking down while the scope is pointed up. Try that with a
straight-through eyepiece.
Gene Bullock
Poulsbo WA