[Tweeters] Sandhills Cranes in southern Thurston Co.

Gary Wiles wilesharkey at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 19:56:45 PDT 2006

Tweeters,

I canoed several miles of the Black River in Thurston County this
afternoon with my wife.  The birding was fairly slow overall, although we
did see 3 SANDHILL CRANES flying rather high overhead and going west.
This is only the second time I've seen cranes in the county, so I was
pleased.  Others sightings of interest were 2 Green Herons, 3 Turkey
Vultures flying south, 2 Wood Ducks, just 1 Belted Kingfisher, lots
(probably 30+) Steller’s Jays, and 15 Yellow-rumped Warblers.

Gary Wiles
Olympia, WA
wilesharkey at yahoo.com