[Tweeters] Binocs and Flight

GLAMOURCON at aol.com GLAMOURCON at aol.com
Tue Sep 26 20:00:17 PDT 2006

Subject: binocs and flight security
From: "Paul Hicks" <phicks AT accessgrace.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:46:18 -0700

Tweets,
Has anyone experienced difficulty carrying-on binoculars on a plane flight
recently?
--Paul Hicks
phicks AT accessgrace.org

I fly Alaska Air several times a month and always carry a binocular on the
plane...sometimes a scope and tripod. Although, TSA occasionally looks at them,
they have never mentioned any problem. Lately, I have had to put any
cleaning supplies in my checked bags but that requirement may be changing soon.

(From the Frontier Airlines website:
In addition to the one carry-on bag allowance, the following personal
articles may be carried on the aircraft:
Handbag or pocketbook
Coat or wrap
Umbrella or walking stick
Camera or binoculars
Briefcase or laptop computer case
Canes, crutches, braces or other assistive devices on which the passenger is
dependent*
Infant bag
Infant/child safety seat used to transport the infant/child (if the child has
a ticket and will be using the seat in flight, it must be an FAA approved
safety seat)**
A reasonable amount of reading material)

Bob Schultz
Woodinville, WA