[Tweeters] RE: Kestrel Pair in Redmond

johntubbs at comcast.net johntubbs at comcast.net
Mon Apr 9 12:24:03 PDT 2007

Regarding Marc Hoffman's post about the American Kestrel (AMKE) pair near 124th and Willows in the valley, I also saw a pair of AMKE at my workplace today (Monday), which is more toward the south end of Willows Road.  I have had three or four sightings of an individual AMKE sitting on a wire in the PSE complex behind our work location over the last several months - but today was the first time I've seen a pair.  It would be great to have a nesting pair in the valley.  There are a still lot of snag trees left along Willows Road (the west side business park greenbelts and wooded ridge) but competition for them is quite high with Downy and Pileated Woodpeckers, Northern Flickers and Red Breasted Sapsuckers all nesting in the area (plus, of course, the *&#&% starlings).

John Tubbs
Snoqualmie, WA
johntubbs at comcast.net
www.tubbsphoto.com