[Tweeters] BREWER'S SPARROW in Redmond

johntubbs at comcast.net johntubbs at comcast.net
Tue Apr 10 22:28:33 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Yesterday (Tuesday) morning, the usual suspects at the feeders outside my office window at work were going about their daily routine when I saw a bird that clearly wasn't one of the normal crowd.  Closer inspection showed it to be a BREWER'S SPARROW - quite unusual on this side of the mountains.  I checked it multiple times to convince myself, and also sent images to Michael Hobbs and Brian Bell just to be sure.  A link to the first of three images of the bird can be found at http://www.tubbsphoto.com/-/tubbsphoto/detail.asp?photoID=3669546&cat=38992 - click the next button at that link for the additional two images.

Parking at our work location is extremely tight during the week, so I would prefer to hold off on general directions until the weekend - assuming the bird stays around.  If you're really anxious to see the bird for a county list prior to the weekend, please contact me off list and I may be able to arrange a time or two for a limited number of folks.  (The best viewing location is from my office, so it will be a bit unusual for my work colleagues, LOL!)  If it is still around at the end of the week, I'll post directions for anyone wanting to stop by Saturday or Sunday.

John Tubbs
Snoqualmie, WA
johntubbs at comcast.net
www.tubbsphoto.com