[Tweeters] Swainson's Hawk pair Yakima Canyon 04/10/07

Chris Warren warrech at earlham.edu
Wed Apr 11 19:08:30 PDT 2007

I just returned to Portland from a trip to the Ellensburg area yesterday.
On our way we went through the Yakima River canyon and had a few nice birds
in the canyon and just on the other side. At the southern end of the canyon
on (Hwy. 821) we came across an adult Prairie Falcon plus another unknown
age PRFA just out of the canyon. We were also somewhat surprised to find a
pair (at least male and female sitting together) of SWAINSON'S HAWKS on a
power pole along the highway. We also had 4 Bald and 3 Golden Eagles (all
adults) in the canyon. Great day for raptors!

Chris Warren
Portland, OR