[Tweeters] Re: BT Gray Warblers

Gene Stagner microfauna at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 13 08:53:07 PDT 2007

Just got back to WA from a trip to AZ where we were fortune into to see
the Flame-colored Tanager in Madera Canyon.  Quite a sight. So am trying
to catch up with tweeters.

I did indeed SEE one Black-Tailed Gray Warbler after about 20 minutes of
tramping through the brush and conifers behind my house.  While watching
it through the binos another warbler was singing some distance away.
That one sounded identical to the one I was watching.  The other
warblers I heard were less distinct and could have been Townsend's since
I have several of these also in the back yard forest.  The next day I
SAW and heard a BTGW across the street in a small conifer while at the
same time hearing several other what I assumed to be BTGW in the woods
behind my house.

As is the case in many other locations, birds are arriving earlier and
possibly leaving earlier.  Probably just another indication of GW.

Gene Stagner
retired biologist
USFWS

Tacoma