[Tweeters] Barnacle Geese are still here (Grays Harbor Co.)

Tim O'Brien kertim7179 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 20:04:51 PDT 2007

This morning I found the two Barnacle Geese in a large mixed flock of Canada and Cackling Geese at the western end of Wenzel Slough Rd.. The flock was in the air when I arrived due to a nearby Bald Eagle. Also, in the flock were at least 4 Greater White-fronted Geese.

Also, today I walked out to the Satsop river from the gated access road which lies opposite the west end of Wenzel Slough Rd. on the west side of Keys Rd.. I found two Greater Yellowlegs wading in the shallows of the river there. This is my first experience with yellowlegs in a river.

Good birding,

Tim O'Brien
Elma, WA
mailto: kertim7179 at yahoo.com