[Tweeters] Townsend's Solitaire flock on Steptoe Butte

William F. Siems WFSiems at msn.com
Wed Apr 18 13:37:47 PDT 2007

Seeing a few recent postings of Townsend's Solitaire emanating from the West
Side, where the species list is longer than over here on the East Side, I
can no longer resist reporting a flock (>25 individuals actually seen) of
this species on the upper slopes of Steptoe Butte in Whitman County.  They
have been there about a week.  A visit yesterday revealed fewer individuals
than a week ago, but they were still present.  The visit last week was
amazing to me - more individuals of the species than I had seen in the rest
of my life, combined.

Bill Siems

2521 S Hatch Street

Spokane, WA 99203