[Tweeters] Marymoor and other sightings (King Co.)

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at verizon.net
Sat Apr 21 14:56:46 PDT 2007

Tweets - I was down at Marymoor today to lead a birding trip for rowers (we
got to use their little coach's motorboats and went out on the lake).
Afterwards, I walked much of the usual loop.

We had a good showing of birds for the rowers, and I got two new Marymoor
birds for 2007:

Vaux's Swift            One over the lake
Cinnamon Teal        2 males and a female in the slough south of Dog Central

There was also a RUDDY DUCK down near Idlewood Park.

Heading home, there was an OSPREY on the cell phone tower at the Bridleview
mall (over the Dairy Queen), on the line between Redmond and Kirkland.  They
nested there two years ago, and at least thought about nesting there last
year.  This is my first sighting of an Osprey there in 2007.

At home, there's a pair of MALLARDS in my pond.  The pond in question is
about 8 feet long and 5 feet wide and is lined with rubber.  They've been
there for over an hour now...

== Michael Hobbs
== Kirkland, WA
== http://www.marymoor.org/birding.htm