[Tweeters] Black-necked Stilt and other unusals at Ridgefield NWR

Roger Windemuth roger at windemuths.com
Mon Apr 30 13:58:16 PDT 2007

Today, another volunteer, Al Larrabee, and I saw a Black-necked Stilt on the
North end of Schwartz Lake, fairly close to the Auto Tour route.  A little
later at the South end of Long Lake we saw an Eurasion Wigeon and three
pairs of Redheads. Some Vaux's Swifts were also seen near Long Lake.  Also,
a couple of days ago, at the entrance of the Kiwa Trail, I saw a Chipping
Sparrow.  A Black-headed Grosbeak has also been seen over the last few days
on the west part of the Auto Tour.

Just to remind all, the Auto Tour route, as of tomorrow, May 1, is open to
foot traffic, as is the Kiwa Trail.

Roger Windemuth
Volunteer