[Tweeters] Nighthawks and vultures around Elma today (Grays Harbor Co.)

Tim O'Brien kertim7179 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 18:26:21 PDT 2007

Just stepped outside and heard a calling Common Nighthawk over the house here in Elma.  Also, this afternoon I saw two Turkey Vultures with one flying east of the fairgrounds and another over Newman Creek Rd..

  Just a side note about access to the Weyerhaeuser lands just northwest of Elma...all gates except one are closed and red dotted off of Newman Creek Rd..  I have heard this is mainly due to people dumping garbage in the woods.   The open gate is the B-line which is accessed from going left at the Y-intersection on Newman Creek Rd..  Although this gate is open now, it can be closed at anytime.

  Tim O'Brien
  Elma, WA
  mailto: kertim7179 at yahoo.com