[Tweeters] BITN and hot-tailed squirrels (links)

Devorah Bennu birdologist at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 15:50:47 PDT 2007

Hi tweets,

I was unable to complete Birds in the News this
weekend (please accept my apologies), as I usually do,
but I did publish a fabulous image that was
contributed by Dave Rintoul, the listowner for
BirdChat. This image is a lovely image of a Clarke's
grebe that I know you will enjoy;

Additionally, Dave also sent me another (non-birdy)
image that has proven quite popular in the recent

Perhaps one of you can provide an ID for this species?

And for those of you who enjoy learning about the
exquisite evolutionary modifications that occur in
nature, this is a story that you will appreciate (it
also includes streaming videos, along with the

BITN will be back next week, so feel free to send
images that you'd like to share with a large audience
of bird lovers.

Central Park