[Tweeters] FW: [obol] JACK SNIPE in Oregon (not an RBA)

Jeff Gilligan jeffgill at teleport.com
Sun Dec 2 09:51:35 PST 2007

I am in Arizona and don't have access to historical Washington records here.
The attached photos are of the first two records of Jacksnipe for Oregon.
There are also California records. Given the secretive nature of the
species, it may turn out to be a more regular vagrant to the Pacific
Northwest than was previously suspected. I would suggest that few hunters
would bother to document an occurrence of the species. My recollection of
at least one California record is that the hunter showed the specimen to
someone because he thought it was an interesting runt Wilson's Snipe.

Jeff Gilligan