[Tweeters] Sequim-Dungeness CBC preliminary results

Bob and Barb Boekelheide bboek at olympus.net
Mon Dec 17 21:54:30 PST 2007

Hello, Tweeters,

The weather was a little fickle today for the Sequim-Dungeness CBC,
but despite on-again, off-again rain and wind the count was very
successful.

The total so far, with 25 of 30 field parties reporting in, is 146
species, possibly 147. Some of the interesting species for our count
included Ruddy Duck, N. Fulmar, Short-tailed Shearwater, Yellow-
billed Loon, Sora, Long-billed Dowitcher, Long-billed Curlew, Ruddy
Turnstone, Least Sandpiper, Eurasian Collared-Dove, Horned Lark,
American Pipit,Cedar Waxwing, Townsend's Solitaire, White-throated
Sparrow, and Lapland Longspur. We're still digesting a report of a
Red-shouldered Hawk, hoping to confirm the sighting in the next few
days.

Notable misses so far included Bonaparte's Gull, Hermit Thrush,
Townsend's Warbler, and Evening Grosbeak.

I'll report more when the data are compiled. Thanks very much to
everyone who participated, particularly those who traveled long
distances to help, and to the groups that supported the count,
notably Olympic Peninsula Audubon Society and the Dungeness River
Audubon Center.

Bob Boekelheide
Sequim