[Tweeters] Renton Highlands-12/19

amy schillinger schillingera at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:48:22 PST 2007

Tweets,
Just before the wind and rain began this morning I heard alot of activity outside my window. I went outside and began scanning the evergreens. To my surprise there was a very large flock of mixed little ones. My rough count was 30 Chesnut-backed chickadees, 12+ Bushtits, 8 Juncos, 10-15 Ruby crowned Kinglets, 9 Golden-crowned Kinglets, and 10-15 TOWNSENDS WARBLERS! As I was counting the wee ones, 18 Band-tailed Pigeons flew over along with a large flock of unidentified Finches. I have never seen that many Townsends Warblers at one time.... What a treat to see them so close. Now if they would only sit still so that I could take a picture! Others seen were 2 Flickers, 1 Hairy woodpecker, 10 Crows, and 50+ Robins. Not bad for 5 minutes of birding on my butt!

Good birding,
Amy Schillinger
Maplewood Heights (Renton)
schillingera at hotmail.com