[Tweeters] Townsend's Solitaire - new yard bird in Tacoma; Nisqually

Art Wang ArtNancy at harbornet.com
Sat Dec 22 17:15:02 PST 2007

A Townsend's Solitaire perched in my yard in North Tacoma this morning - a new yard bird! There was a Townsend's Warbler at the suet feeder earlier in the week. Next I'm looking for a Townsend's Shearwater!

This afternoon at Nisqually NWR, an American Bittern was in the open about ten feet away. A Black-capped Chickadee landed in the nearby reeds and the bittern went after it, but missed. No unusual species (unless you count Slate-colored Junco), but we also had exceptional views of a Peregrine Falcon and of two adult Bald Eagles perched close together in a tree singing to one another.

Art Wang, Tacoma