[Tweeters] River otters in Lake Washington

Alex Meilleur alexskichambe at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 2 17:17:44 PST 2007

Dear All,
I hope you'll forgive me for talking about otters and not birds, but I've seen three River otters in Lake Washington in the last week (two off Juanita Beach park in Juanita/Kirkland and another today off the Cedar River mouth. Admittedly, I've been away from Seattle for many years, but the last time I saw River otters in the watershed was over 25 years ago in Issaquah Creek. Gene Hunn tells me that he sees them regularly now, but I've been birding in the area for the last couple of years and this is the first time I've seen them. What a great sight! Does anyone have up-to-date info on their status in the area? Thanks,
Brien Meilleur
PS the immature Glaucous gull was also at the mouth of the Cedar River around 3:30 pm today.
alexskichambe at hotmail.com