[Tweeters] River Otters

hughbirder at earthlink.net hughbirder at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 2 20:06:39 PST 2007

Beginning in 2001 I have seen river otters fairly regularly from Oct. - Mar. in Larsen L. which is located in the Lake Hills Greenbelt area of Bellevue. I walk the Lake Hills Greenbelt 3-4 times a week . I am in view of the lake for only 10-15 minutes of my walk so they could easily be present when I am not there. They come up Kelsey Creek from Lake Washington. Here are the sightings I had in 2006:

4 river otter on Jan. 2
4 on Mar. 12
1 on Sept. 5 - 2006 is the first year I have seen river otter in Sept.
3 on Sept. 27
2 on Sept. 30
2 on Nov. 28

Hugh Jennings