[Tweeters] River otters in the Seattle area (was Lk WA)

Dawn Bailey dawnsdog at rainierconnect.com
Sat Feb 3 21:05:08 PST 2007

My sister and husband live right behind sea-tac airport. Their pond was being ripped apart nightly, not to mention the loss of the koi. thinking it was a raccoon, they set up a motion sensitive buzzer. It went off the next night, my sister rushed out to the pond and seeing nothing waited for a few more seconds when an otter head broke the surface, just as surprised as she was. It loped off and they have not had anymore trouble with river otters since. But still I was jealous, you can live in the city and have otters in your back yard. Way cool!

Dawn Bailey
Eatonville, WA
dawnsdog at rainierconnect.com