[Tweeters] (no subject)

sgmlod at aol.com sgmlod at aol.com
Tue Feb 13 08:10:55 PST 2007

Greetings All

The CO odd-duck doesn't look much like a Black-bellied Whistling, ahem, Duck.

Its companions, the green head (not visible in pics but mentioned in text), large bill all point to one parent being a N Shoveler.

The sides of the bird are reminiscent of a BWTeal x NOSH cross, but the face pattern is utterly wrong. It reminds me much of a White-cheeked Pintail, which is, I suspect, the other parent.

I've once seen a WC Pintail x Gadwall at the Everett Sewage Ponds.
Such birds are undoubtedly escapes, but interesting nonetheless.

Cheers
Steven Mlodinow
Everett WA