[Tweeters] Greenlake widgeons

Kelly McAllister mcallisters4 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 3 17:15:32 PST 2007

Yeah, good question. I've been looking at thousands of wigeons the past several days and haven't identified a single female Eurasian Wigeon, though I had a couple of male Eurasian Wigeons. The differences in the females are subtle enough that I don't think I'll ever have the time to scrutinize the birds close enough to pick one out (well, maybe when I'm retired).

In any case, that my worthless input. I really just posted this note to remind birders that one of the most commonly mispelled birds names is wigeon. It has no "d".

Kelly McAllister
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
Olympia, Washington
Reply to: mcallisters4 at comcast.net