[Tweeters] foto of dark gull Reton 1-18 RFI

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 09:30:49 PST 2007

Dear Tweeters,

Joseph Higbee took a digital photo of a dark gull
yesterday, one of many gulls at the mouth of the Cedar
River.  Vicki (sp?) King and I watched the bird for a
few minutes in early afternoon, before the big crowd
of birders came.

The gull had a limp; we also noticed that one of the
gull's legs had a bigger joint than the other
(swollen?). The bird favored one leg as it mades it
way into the water. We decided at the time that the
bird wasn't dark enough for a Slaty-backed.

Joseph sent me an attachment of the photo. If there is
anyone in Tweeterland who'd like to see the image and
tell us what they think of this bird, please e-mail

Yours truly,

Gary Bletsch

near Lyman (Skagit County), Washington

garybletsch at yahoo.com