[Tweeters] Whooper viewing, Jan 29

Mary Blackstone mblackstone at rockisland.com
Mon Jan 29 20:55:31 PST 2007

Hello all,
Thanks for all the reports which helped to guide me to the spot.
I took the Cedardale frontage road east of I-5 north from the Conway
toward the  "Alpacas,Tulips, Antiques" place, stopped to view swans in
the field directly south
of the "Alpacas" building, scanned from left to right, fourth or fifth
swan in
in the front row-the Whooper. With a Primary Yellow bill. No question
Hung around watching, put a scope on it, drove around along the west to
road on the north side of the field with windows open, more views plus
Very satisfactory. Very clearly a unique individual.   Oh, the time was
about 4:00 p.m.

Mary Blackstone
Orcas Island, WA
mblackstone at rockisland.com