[Tweeters] Black Swifts on chelan

Wheelan Drew amazilia55 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 10:41:50 PDT 2007

When I was doing field work on lake chelan in 1997 we
had Black Swifts associated with waterfalls on the
southern shore of the lake through July.  They were a
common bird on my point counts throughout the summer.
I presumed that there must be some nesting activity
and at the time reported this to fish and wildlife and
forest service officials as well as in our report for
the FERC recertification of the chelan dam.  I always
wanted to climb the waterfalls but that would have
taken some serious logistical effort.  I could
potentially dig up some more info on this if desired,
Drew Wheelan,
Port Angeles

Andrew S. Wheelan
www.hermaninstitute.org
The Herman Institute of Biological Studies