[Tweeters] RE: Bird ID Requested

Evan Houston evanghouston at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 14:53:08 PDT 2007

Hi all,
Thanks for your responses. Six people have gotten back to me, and I'm a little embarrassed to report that the ID turns out to be a recently fledged European Starling. The consolation for me is that only 2/6 people proposed Starling, so that makes me feel a bit better.
For some reason, I didn't consider juvenile Starling, but after looking at Sibley, it fits perfectly, especially after Jim Danzenbaker noted recent fledglings have some streaking on the front.
I should have mentioned earlier that the pictures were taken in Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC, and I should have signed off correctly earlier:

Evan Houston
Seattle, WA

in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.