[Tweeters] Bird feeders and Salmonella

Chuck Reinsch creinsch at kdna.org
Tue Jun 12 08:42:14 PDT 2007

I mentioned the DNR recommendation to a friend yesterday, and after a string of expletives she said she would pretty much do whatever she wanted to attract birds to watch.

Given there is so much that is not known about the impact of humans on the "natural" world,  I cannot help but think it prudent to error on the side of caution and take DNR's advice.  If I understand correctly feeders are for the benefit of us mammalian two-legged bipeds, not the birds that ought to be perfectly capable of foraging for a summer.

chuck reinsch, magnolia, seattle, wa, (creinsch at kdna.org)