[Tweeters] No purple martins at Jack Block?

B & P Bell bellasoc at isomedia.com
Tue Jun 12 16:53:29 PDT 2007

Hello Stacey and Tweets

I have been out to Jack Block several times in May and have seen PURPLE
MARTINS each time. But, at this point not in great numbers and they have
only visited the nest gourd sites briefly before flying off hunting. I have
seen them mostly early in the day, or later in the afternoon. I suspect that
many times they have been hiiiiigggghhhh overhead and very difficult to see,
but they have been there.

Be sure to listen carefully for their calls, as that is often the best clue
that they are around.

Good searching, as this is still one of the best spots for find them.

Brian H. Bell
Bird & Natural History Guide
Woodinville WA
bellasoc at isomedia dot com