[Tweeters] Marymoor Park Report (Redmond, King Co., WA) 2007-06-14

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at verizon.net
Thu Jun 14 13:59:16 PDT 2007

Tweets - eleven of us had a nice stroll through Marymoor this morning under
cloudy skies.  It was moderately birdy, and we managed some pretty good
looks at birds (as well as a few heard-only ones)

Highlights:

BONAPARTE'S GULL        One well out on the lake
Red-breasted Sapsucker       Many good looks
Hairy Woodpecker                A couple of looks - male
Western Wood-Pewee          Still on the nest
BLACK SWIFT                   About a dozen over the south end
Red-eyed Vireo                     2+ birds, one seen
Cliff Swallow                         Ubiquitous
Yellow-rumped Warbler        At least 1 male Audubons - unusual at this
season
Black-headed Grosbeak        Many singing males
Lazuli Bunting                        At least 1 male singing near the
Interpretive Lot

The BONAPARTE'S GULL was far out on the lake, sitting on buoys, and gave us
a real ID challenge.  At various times it was called a Spotted Sandpiper,
Yellowlegs, Common Tern, and Black Tern, none of which were actually seen.
Finally we got it to gull, and later to "probably" Bonaparte's.  I was able
to view it from the cabana at the end of the morning, and was able to
confirm the ID.

For the day, 61 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== Kirkland, WA