[Tweeters] Golden Pheasant, yard bird

Kelly McAllister mcallisters4 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 24 09:10:24 PDT 2007

I just moved into a new neighborhood (new to me anyway) and I've been
enjoying a slightly different suite of birds around the house. Yesterday, I
investigate some plaintive screeching that I did not recognize and came upon
a female Golden Pheasant standing on the side of this residential road,
Foxhall Drive, off of Hawk's Prairie Road north of Olympia. Don't know
enough about my neighbors to know if someone here is raising them. I hear
roosters crow and I can take a two minute walk view goats and donkeys and
horses. It wouldn't surprise me if someone here is rearing pheasants.

Here's a link to a photo of the bird.

Kelly McAllister
Olympia, Washington