[Tweeters] 4 letter abbreviations not so great for new birders

Nancy Wagner nancy at nancywagnerphotography.com
Tue Mar 20 18:23:39 PDT 2007

I've been coming to this form for over a year now, and have learned so much.
But, having followed the "4 letter abbreviation" discussion the last day or
so, I was dismayed at the latest post that not once contains the bird's full
name, but instead is referred to as LBBG.

I humbly suggest that for the newer birders who are coming to this forum
(and I send people myself here through my blog), please use the full names,
so we, too, may continue to enjoy reading the posts.

Nancy Wagner