[Tweeters] Re: Madera Canyon Eared Quetzel

SCOTT WARNER swarner28 at msn.com
Fri Nov 2 16:18:37 PDT 2007

What is an Eared Quetzel? It's not in my books on birds of Mexico, Costa Rica, or Trinidad. Is the Eared Trogon now being called a quetzel? Is it still Euptilotus neoxenus? Who decided the change, when and why? How about other trogons, are they also being called quetzels? So, the wonderful Resplendent Quetzel is no longer one of a kind. Anyone who has seen a trogon will now be able to say they've seen a quetzel. I do get tired of all these name changes.

Scott Warner
Brier, WA
swaner28 at msn.com<mailto:swaner28 at msn.com>