[Tweeters] Re: Madera Canyon Eared Quetzel

Scott R a y mryakima at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 15:28:06 PDT 2007

Scott,

To answer the rest of your quetzal question, there have always been at
least four quetzal species. Even without the Eared "Quetzal", there
are already four quetzal species on this planet. They are the Golden
Quetzal, White-tipped Quetzal, Pavonine Quetzal, and Resplendent
Quetzal. The first three species occur only in South America. The
Golden and White-tipped can be found in the Andes from Venezuela and
southward a ways. The Pavonine is a lowland species.

Good luck!

Scott R a y