Cecy Dubonsky pcaloha at comcast.net
Fri Nov 2 21:37:14 PDT 2007

Thanks for sharing. I too love woodpeckers. I remember when we lived in Maple Valley.WA and I use to feed them suet. They even brought their babies to my feeders. I had Pileated, Hairy and Downey. Of course the Pileated were my favorites. Then Maple Valley had a house booming and most of the forests have been turned into businesses or homes. We moved to to Kent a year ago and I still feed the birds but most of them are song birds and we do have a couple of Hairy's that feed from the suet.
Cecy Dubonsky
pcaloha at comcast.net