[Tweeters] Samish Flats - delayed post

Raymond Parsons rayshome1 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 16:59:48 PDT 2007

Hi Everyone -

I apologize for the delayed posting, but I wanted to let folks know about some recent sightings that I had at Samish Flats (near Burlington.)

Specifically, about a week ago, I came across a Rough-legged Hawk, several Red-tailed Hawks, multiple Northern Harriers, and a Peregrine Falcon. All of these were found within the "Samish T" (the Bayview-Edison Rd area).

Pictures for each are down below.

I remember seeing a post about a week ago from a man that had recently been up to the Flats, and had been looking for a Rough-legged Hawk, but had not seen one. I was there on two consecutive days, and came across the bird in the same location each day, so the chances seem pretty good now. Unfortunately, the lighting was pretty poor on both occasions.

Rough-legged Hawk: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rparsons/1802687062/
Rough-legged Hawk: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rparsons/1801841005/
Northern Harrier: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rparsons/1795600672/
Northern Harrier: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rparsons/1795594688/